It was one of those incoherently sad days where, so sad was I, I could not bring myself even to find a word more appropriate than sad to describe it.  

Posted by: Unknown in

I’m not going to spend my life chasing people. You want to leave? Fine then, go ahead. Because I’m done chasing and caring for people who never had an interest in me.

You taunted me with whispered confessions and broken promises, leaving me to stay up at night listening to Bach on phonographs, older than the idea and aspect of modern
love, that's what you called me, so many times when I put my heart in to you. But that too you broke; along with your promises, along with my perception of what love really is. Does it exist? Is that what you showed me? If it was, then you broke me, stripping me bare, leaving me to stand naked in front of fractured mirrors at midnight trying to find answers in skin and hope in curves. And faith in myself because I learned to never put it in someone else. You didn't leave me whole but with a hole, a gaping wound for sparrows to fly through and for spiders to web in. I'll fill it though, fill this space in my chest with dreams for myself and love for my soul.

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.It had never occurred to me that our lives, which had been so closely interwoven, could unravel with such speed.


Oh darling, I wish I had the words that would melt our chains away and we could fly away and be free of this place. But alas, I haven't found them yet. Until then I'll sit here in the predawn darkness beside you. Just relax love, and breathe. Even though it hurts, breathe.
You have to want to get better. Your mind, it has to want to heal. That is the first step to recovery. So get up. You can do it. It’s time to get better. You may not believe in yourself, but I believe in you.

There are very few instances in my life where I don’t know what to say, but this is one of them. And I need to find a way to tell her it will all be okay. Because I know what it’s like to lose someone you love. And it hurts, it hurts everywhere, every second of every day, and you think it will never be okay again, but it will. Not now, not tomorrow, probably not even a year from now. But some day, eventually, it will be okay. And I want her to know that.
And I realized letting go is a gradual process. That I was being healed without knowing it. That even though I didn’t know I was moving on with my life, it was happening.Sometimes we just have to learn to accept that some people may stay in our hearts, even if they don’t stay in our lives.

That was the thing. You never got used to it, the idea of someone being gone. Just when you think it’s reconciled, accepted, someone points it out to you, and it hits you all over again, that shocking.

It’s amazing, really, just how much pain the human heart can take.
“— Nora Roberts

Lykke Li - Tonight

Asculta mai multe audio soundtrack

This entry was posted on 5:51 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment